10 January 2013

Review: SensatioNail Gel Starter Kit - Raspberry Wine


I got this set for Christmas after deciding between that and the RCM set. I do think in hindsight i should have chose the RCM but it was around £20 more expensive so i went with Sensationail.

So far I have used this only once, I have to say i was very disappointed in the size of the lamp and the size of the bottles that came with it for the price tag.

I was impressed with how easy it actually was to do and i only had two little bubbles out of my whole manicure that weren't easily noticeable. The colour wasn't anything like the box it's more of a raspberry red shimmer and was very thin so i needed to do 3 coats (the box says 2) I also thought being a gel polish it would have been thicker and more opaque for the price.

I kept the product on as long as possible to gauge how long it would last. Mine lasted 7 days with no chips. The 8th day i got two chips and on the 10th a few more. I think with more practice it might last longer and I do think if you prime the whole nail like the salons do you would get 2 weeks no chip but it will make for a more difficult removal.

I like the ease of being able to do it myself and for a week no chip it's worth it as nail polish will last 1-3 days max on me. I do wish they had more colours and even some glitters would be great as gel polishes are hard to come by unless you can get to a trade store.

I will still visit the salon to get my nails done for an event or holiday and use this kit in-between. It won't stop me going to the salon but it will save me money in the long run :)

I haven't actually removed it yet but i am planning to do it today/ tomorrow and will update on how that goes. 

Here are some photos (sorry they are just phone cam ones)

After Application:



8th Day:

10th Day:


UPDATE: 15/02/13

I have to say that although the sensationail kit is great for us beginners, I got tired very quickly of the nail polish. I have found better quality ones on the market which are cheaper in price and larger in size. Since i switched to another brand of polish my manicures can stay on 2 full weeks with no chips what so ever!. I'm not condemning the polish they make I'm only saying it didn't work for me and I've found something that has, So it's definitely something to bare in mind before buying the whole range.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...